TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

I bloody sick of seeing the ads...

Page: 1 2 Reply
Feb 14th 2005#165755 Report
...for cheap "OEM" software here. The savvy among us know that they're usually a scam, despite the fact that the ads are coming through what would seem like a reputable source.

It gives a bad impression of this site to those visitors who might not know any better.

Tune up that AdSense program, Dangit!

:mad:
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 14th 2005#165756 Report
I hate the ones that make noises..

Nos.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 15th 2005#165765 Report
I have blocked them from Google in the past and as far as I can tell (I'll double check).
Some of them are legit... If you don't like them don't look at them. Not sure what else to tell you U23. You can beat me up later.

Contact Google and complain to them. Part of the problem is these so called companies pop up with new sites all the time. I just did double check and I tuned up the URL's for
http://new.softlogs.com
http://www.buysusa.com

Now you can love me again (and buy me a burger and many beers at Star Bar), until a new site pops up that is. Give it a few hours and those two should be gone.

Oh, I set up 15 pop up's to launch ever page cleck to make up the difference ;)
Well... Not really.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 15th 2005#165766 Report
Oh, and stop frowning at me. You know I'm hyper sensitive... ;)
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 15th 2005#165769 Report
I have complained to Google (I'll forward you the responses, if you want them).

What those companies are selling are ..ahem..."Backup" copies. What they don't tell you right up front is that they expect you to already own a legitimate copy of the software. Go have a look at the T.O.S. page at Buysusa.com.

I feel bad for the people who, just because they're not very worldly and savvy in sussing out the legitimate from the illegitmate, think: "Well, I saw it on TPS.com, and they always bust the chops of anyone who talks about pirated software, and these ads come through Google, which is a good company, so this offer must be legitimate."

It's exactly this type of person who is unlikely to dig oround and read the fine print in the T.O.S. They buy the thing and then get slapped with the cold reality that they can't register with Adobe and can't upgrade legally. Plus, who knows how scrupulous these fly-by-night operators are when it comes to security of the buyer's bank and credit card info.. I wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw a house. Much of this crap traces back to Eastern Europe or China. The suckers have virtually no recourse.

I CAN ignore them, but I just think those ads reflect badly on your reputation, Bob

I suppose what I'm saying here is that with a little diligence, you can effectively screen every advert like this from displaying on your site. There are plenty of other sites which have.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 15th 2005#165770 Report
Did you read my post? I said I went back and blacklisted the newer sites that were popping up for that crap.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 15th 2005#165778 Report
My copy of Photoshop CS just came today (legit not OEM). :D Only $52, my uncle works for Adobe and hooked me up!
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 15th 2005#165779 Report
Yeah, that sounds really legal.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 16th 2005#165805 Report
Is that your Uncle 'Lefty' Liebowicz, Kinetik?

Pank: U23 is just on a rant. When he calms down enough to see, he'll read your posts where you said you blacklisted the slobs from advertising on our beloved TPS!
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 17th 2005#165846 Report
U is always on a rant but he still loves me... and I love his rants
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum