TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

pc netgear wireless card probs

Page: 1 Reply
Feb 10th 2005#165608 Report
ok, trying to help my roommate connect to Pepe (my wireless router, muppet theme goin' on) from his pc. he's got a netgear wireless card, we can see the router and have installed the netgear software and entered the WEP password, etc. problem is that at the bottom of the netgear software window there's a constant scanning, it wont connect.

on a mac this is freakin' simple, anyone got any ideas on how to get this pc hooked up? thanks.

chris
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 11th 2005#165614 Report
Well on a PC it's really simple too, unless it's set up wrong. Ensure ( and I mean double, and triple-check) that the WEP password is correct. If you still think it is, change it on the router, then try the new password on the PC. Also ensure that MAC address filtering is not enabled, and ensure that the router is set to give out enough IP addresses for the number of PCs.

EDIT: Also ensure that the router is not set to strictly "G", when the PC wireless card may be "B".

If you still have trouble Fig, I can look at the router settings for you.

EDIT #2: What OS does he have?
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 11th 2005#165621 Report
thanks matt, i'll check all the router settings and let ya know. and he's running xp.

chris
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 11th 2005#165646 Report
ok, everything looks good, just went into the router and reset everything, double-checked the WEP and made sure it was working on my machine, no MAC address filtering enabled, and we routinely have a few people on the network so i know its not that. i'll let ya know if it works...

chris
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum