TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Google to start trading tomorrow?

Page: 1 2 3 Reply
Aug 17th 2004#158643 Report
Just got a phone call from my guy, and it sounds like Google is going to start trading tomorrow. Keep your ears and eyes peeled for anyone looking to possibly make a little money.

This is not an offer (or solicitation of an offer) to buy/sell the securities/instruments mentioned or an official confirmation. Unless indicated, these views are the author's and may differ from those of Team Photoshop or others in the forum. I do not represent this is accurate or complete and we may not update this. Past performance is not indicative of future returns. For additional information, research reports and important disclosures, contact me or see https://secure.ms.com. You should not use email to request, authorize or effect the purchase or sale of any security or instrument, to send transfer instructions, or to effect any other transactions. We cannot guarantee that any such requests received via email will be processed in a timely manner. This communication is solely for the addressee(s) and may contain confidential information. We do not waive confidentiality by mistransmission. Contact me if you do not wish to receive these communications. In the UK, this communication is directed in the UK to those persons who are market counterparties or intermediate customers (as defined in the UK Financial Services Authority's rules).
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 17th 2004#158661 Report
Mattboy im just gonna have to sue you for that :P Forcing google shares upon us photoshoppers!
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 17th 2004#158701 Report
cool?
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 18th 2004#158721 Report
You can't sue me, I put a disclaimer.

*dances around the room gleefully

EDIT: And it didn't go today, hopefully tomorrow if the SEC allows it to go through.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 18th 2004#158746 Report
Google isn't a very wise investment--it's not very popular among professional investors either. I'm staying away.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 19th 2004#158784 Report
Well it's apparent that we won't be taking investment advice from split.

Google is up 21% so far.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 19th 2004#158796 Report
I read it on the news and I thought about you immediately. Did you buy some?
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 20th 2004#158799 Report
Google ended up with an 18% gain today. I cannot say whether or not I invested.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 20th 2004#158829 Report
mattboy, yea you can. And as far as google goes, I figured it would jump the first day or two because, well, EVERYONE is buying it, lol. As long as your going to sell it in the near future, great. But google as a long-term investment is poor. It's a junky dot-com stock that will jump up and down more times that you can believe. I'll bet everyone in this forum $5 that 2 weeks from now, google will be downgraded to the dumps. And everyone who actually is holding on to it for long-term, does Cicso Systems ring a bell??? Ouch... :D

From morningstar.com...

Let's get this out of the way right now: You should not buy Google GOOG shares.

There. I feel better; how about you?

With the shares trading at around $100 as I write this, I guess I'm obliged to say congratulations if you managed to get ahold of some GOOG shares at $85 or so. If you did, you weren't savvy or smart; you were lucky. You should probably consider taking your nearly 20% gain and heading for the exits. Sorry if that news bursts your Internet bubble, but 50 times earnings for a company whose business model can be brought to its knees by a $30 piece of downloadable ad-blocking software? Are you kidding me? Is it 1999?

Morningstar will eventually pick up coverage of Google, regardless of its valuation. Here's a preview of some of the things we'll likely be looking at very closely.

http://news.morningstar.com/doc/article/0,,115123,00.html?hsection=Comm2
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 20th 2004#158862 Report
mattboy, yea you can
No, you can't. Whomever would have listened to you would have lost out on a chance to make money. If you are attempting to turn this in your favor, your are surely mistaken.

But google as a long-term investment is poor.
Whomever said ANY IPO was worth a long-term investment is out of their gourd. Nobody in their right mind would hold onto Google any more than 4-5 days, but smarter people would have been out when it hit $104. But guess what....it closed at almost $110 today. That's another 8%. People who don't understand the market shouldn't give investment advice.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 3 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum