TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Fed up with Sigs

Page: 1 2 Reply
Aug 6th 2001#11834 Report
Why even have a section for sigs? All you have to do is read a post you've made or make a new post to see it. Seems like too much effort to post a thread that only containes "Sig Test" and the sig at the bottom when you can just make a post that actually means something. Or better yet, don't post at all and view a post you've made in the past. Had to get that out. Thank You.:D
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 6th 2001#11845 Report
Because some people seemed to think the showcase section was a good place to post all of thier sigs. People ended up sorting through a couple of pages of "look at my sig" posts just to find someone posting about an actual peice they did.

We were fed up with that.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 6th 2001#11877 Report
yeah... it was quite annouying. it would have been nice if you could filter out words for titles or threads. including the words:

sig, signature, check out my sig.

or meerly replaced those words with:

waste of time #(variable number)
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 7th 2001#11916 Report
Yeah, we're doing everything possible to avoid having to personally moderate each post (queue for acceptance before going public).

I, nor pank, nor deker or Fig really care to do that at all. So we'll give those who MUST post sigs, the place to do so.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 7th 2001#11918 Report
I actually liked looking at everyones sigs.... never bothered me at all.

Oh well....
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 7th 2001#11968 Report
All you folks who do fancy sigs?

Keep in mind, and I'm sure I'm not the only one...but I don't see any of em. I have that option turned off in my vBulletin preferences.

Stinkin' dial up made me do it.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 7th 2001#11980 Report
hehe, i've never seen that feature. i probably breezed by it sometime. i should try to find that, but then again i have cable so it wont make a big difference.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 7th 2001#12005 Report
I look at everyone's signature when they reply to a post or look at a new topic and if one catches my eye, I'll let that person know (although I don't do it often). I think a sig test area is pointless, just PREVIEW a new post to see how it looks. Sig critiques should be not allowed, but that's my opinion.

BTW, I think a filter like Mr. Danforth suggested could be of use. In fact, it wouldn't be hard to implement.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 7th 2001#12017 Report
Actually, the way the board runs, you don't even need to Preview a post. Once you change your sig, it changes all past posts with the new sig, so you can just hunt down one of your old posts and look at it. :D

There also might be a 'profile preview' hack for vBulletin, I know there's one for phpBB. It will show you what your sig looks like in your profile.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 7th 2001#12018 Report
I acutally think having a seperate forum for sigs is a good idea... I mean this is a place where you show off your work for critique and are sigs your work....are they not?
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum