TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

idle thoughts..

Page: 1 2 Reply
Jul 31st 2001#10889 Report
well folks the forum is at 712 members.. which is good, but at the same time bad (at least in my opinion) used to be I could read through all the threads in 30-45 mins.. now its getting to the point of having to spend several hours just to read them all..

so.. while im not gonna ever leave this forum.. I will only be reading a few of the many many posts.. :( which sucks..

on a good note... :d I recently broke 400 posts..

just some idle thoughts.... :rolleyes:

Snore
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 31st 2001#10890 Report
I agree. Especially since I just started my new day-job. I came home from at 7:00pm, and hadn't read anything since 8:00am. I read most of the stuff in the forums, except the showroom forum. There is just too much stuff in there. I just started skimming. I mean, I AM a moderator, I have to at least scan everything.... It's starting to remind me of DBM though. You can leave that place and come back five minutes later, and there will be 200 new posts, and 1000 new posts in reply to those saying "cool" or "it sucks". I would hate to see that happen here. (and yes, I'm exaggerating a lot about the numbers, but it's pretty close actually). Ah well. At the same time it would be a shame to limit the forum to a certain number of participants. That would shut out a lot of people from learning photoshop. Ah...... what to do. what to do.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 31st 2001#10897 Report
Well how many moderators are there?? Why not split things up so that you don't have to go through them all, just certain ones like Newbie and Advanced say??
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 31st 2001#10912 Report
Yup, it is definitely getting harder to keep up. Really though...I leave the forum around 1 or 2 AM (CST) and check it again around 5 PM the (16 hours or so later on average) and there are generally 50(+-) new post. So it isn't "REAL" bad right now. It will be before long though.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 31st 2001#10913 Report
Kayflash has a good suggestion, there are a lot of new posts and replies onto that as deker was saying. I have the same problem as tornupinside. i come back a few hours later and there are replies onto my messages or replies to that.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 31st 2001#10918 Report
Well I usually hit this place about 5:30, 10:00, 12:30 and then again the next day.

I usually skim over the Showcase, and I only read the posts that have interesting subjects.

But I always hit every other area except the Text & Sigs area, which I always skip.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 31st 2001#10982 Report
I see everything within just a few minutes. :D

I do like deker, I at least just scan everything, to make sure posts are on topic, and replies aren't out of line.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 1st 2001#11116 Report
seems like there is a lot of mediocre stuff in the showcase lately. and the titles are so non-descriptive that i don't bother with the ones like 'check this out' and 'my cool wallpaper'.

i hate to sound like a snob, but maybe there should be an advanced showcase and a newbie showcase. better than that, how about separate show cases for people building sites and people doing wallpapers and other random digital art. personally, i have little interest in people's wallpaper they spend ten minutes on and forget about. i'd like to help people with their websites or other projects that they invest a lot of time in. (but that's just me and history has proven that i'm as a**hole)

also, we should try rigging up a system so that if someone's feedback is nothing more than 'cool man!' they get an electric shock that kills them instantly (painless of course)
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 1st 2001#11120 Report
That's a good idea Charm. I just worry that further division of the forum would lead to even more confusion as to where things go. Newbies still post all of their 'welcome me messages' in the showroom forum, even though they obviously shouldn't. So since people are already having trouble following the simple guidelines we have now, I think adding more and more would just make it all worse.

I agree 200% with your frustrations and reasons behind that though. I'm exactly the same way. I really like to help with the sites, and things that will be used and serve a purpose other than to stroke the guys ego. There have been a couple of really nice sites posted in the forum in the past couple of weeks, but unfortunately you have to sift through 20 times as many wallpapers, sigs, and other oddly shaped and sized 'digital art' to find them. But like I said, seems like segregating it further would only make things worse.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 1st 2001#11157 Report
i disagree. i think if you had 'web design showcase', 'newbie showcase', and/or 'advanced showcase' it would help clear things up for people who can't figure out where to post.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum