TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Graphics Card and Monitors

Page: 1 Reply
Jul 29th 2001#10652 Report
Hi Guys,

I'm thinking of upgrading my PC for Graphics, Flash and abit of 3d and video work. Will be running mainly Flash, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Premier and 3dmax (currently still learning. Need some advice to the following ...

1.Graphics Card
Thinking of the Matrox G450 for Dual Monitor setup, is this a good idea? Any compatibility problems with above softwares?

2.Monitor
Heard that LCDs are a no go for graphics, any monitors to recomend? What are the specifications I have to look out for?

Thanks in advance

George
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 29th 2001#10659 Report
Well I don't know what the exact specs are, or what reviewers have said, but I personally think that LCDs look like crap. At least the one's I've seen at Best Buy.

I sure wouldn't shell out that kind of money for a monitor, even if it DID look better.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 29th 2001#10673 Report
The Dual Monitor thing is a very good idea. I've used Photoshop and Dreamweaver with it, and you can drag your pallettes to the other monitor, to get them out of the way and everything. It's very handy. I recommend getting that one, or another one that supports dual monitors.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 30th 2001#10702 Report
Yeah, the Matrox G450 is a very good card. It may have some issues with gaming, but other than that, its well made and win2k/98/ support for it is very good.

Personally, If I was upgrading video and monitor, I would want something faster though. Like a Geforce3. But budget restraints keep me from buying it for 400 bucks.

LCD's stink. There is really no justification in spending that money on one, unless you only have 2 ft of space to you your whole desktop system.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 31st 2001#11022 Report
You might also look at a GeForce 2 considering you're looking at 3D work, it'll have stronger capabilities than the Matrox (which is still a solid card and one you may want to consider if you need dual monitor support as i don't know many other cards that do). As far as monitor I have a Mitsubishi Diamond Plus 91 that I LOVE, picture is gorgeous and it was only about $450 when I bought it. I prefer it to the Sony trinitrons I've used before. I think this particular model is discontinued, but you can two very similar ones for $400 or less at buy.com. Hope that helps.

Chris
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 1st 2001#11086 Report
Hey All,

Thanks for all the great advice ... will checkout more websites before I decide,

Cheers,

George
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum