TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

It's a sad, sad, day.

Page: 1 Reply
Jul 28th 2001#10363 Report
Well, my friends & fellow photoshop freaks, I'm afraid that another one is about to bite the dust. And by another one, I mean another web designer.

As some of you know, I've been running a full time web design business with my father for the past year or so. But business is very slow, and bills are coming very close to not being paid, so it's time for me to hit the ol' 9 to 5. I'll still being doing all of the web stuff at night's and weekends though.

So basically, I just wanted to let you know that as of Monday, I will no longer be visiting the forums from about 8:30 to 6:30. I may be able to somehow get to the forum on my lunch breaks, but I don't start at the new job until Monday, so I don't really know what it'll be like.

Well, thanks for reading. I'm going to try to enjoy my last weekend as a free man.... by sitting here on the forum all day most likely.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 28th 2001#10365 Report
....to hear about the bus. Good liuck with your new job.
Lates,
Justin
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 28th 2001#10366 Report
That is sad i hope all works out for you at your new job.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 28th 2001#10367 Report
That sucks deker. Hope it all works out.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 28th 2001#10378 Report
Thats sucks deker :( Good luck though on your new job!
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 28th 2001#10381 Report
Worry not deker. I still haven't gotten my business off the ground. Although my 'business' has to do more with PC Repair and Network administration stuff.

Just hang in there and it will come together. The market is slow all over and has been for about a year. It might take 4 more years to get this idiot out of the Whitehouse before the economy makes an upturn, but it will make an upturn, and you will be at an advantage.

Until then, keep checking in with us. The 9-5 grind is killing me too.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 28th 2001#10383 Report
Oh I'll definitely be checking in... I'll even get up extra early to check the forum before I leave to go to work!

But yeah, the market has been really slow. I think all the dotcom crashes haven't helped any. Everyone is afraid to put money into the web right now. We have a couple of things going, but not enough to call it full time. So I guess I'll just consider it some nice bonus cash here and there. Maybe upgrade the ol' PC... Buy a big TV. Maybe an Xbox when they come out. Yeah....
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 28th 2001#10390 Report
Sorry deker :(

hate to hear it, but like you said as a part time job it IS nice extra cash....

and you are right...the dot com crashes killed what was GREAT money... hopefully it will come back...last year was very good to me.

right now there is money in website upkeep though...monthly updates are very cool.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 28th 2001#10469 Report
Well the guy that I work for is definitely NOT being hurt by the old economy.

We have a lot of clients wanting to get into the e-commerce thing, so I've been working hard getting that up and running, and my next thing is a local government project, which will hopefully in turn get the other local counties interested.

We also install networks for businesses, courthouses, schools, etc, and our guys are gone EVERY SINGLE day, always a new project here and a new one there.

As a matter of fact, my boss just had 2 or 3 proposals to do on Friday for local schools.

Oh, and sorry about your luck Deker, maybe ya'll need to move to Iowa, but just so long as you move in the SE corner so you don't compete against me.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum