TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Would you guys mind this?

Page: 1 Reply
Jul 27th 2001#10233 Report
Question for the owners who run the site, as well as the other users. I am currently taking classes to learn Desktop Publishing, Digital Imaging, etc. at a local college here in Los Angeles.

Since I've come across your site I've picked up alot more knowledge and have increased my skills by great lengths (IMO). I would like to give this website address to my professors and have them encourage their students to visit here and use the information provided. I will also encourage them to impress upon the students not to jump in with stupid questions, but to investigate the site and use the tutorials before going to the forums with a question (this is besides going to the professor). The reason I would like to do this is because the class structure rarely deviates from the lesson plan (as most of you know). Access to this site would greatly enhance their knowledge and allow them to learn outside of the classroom.

So, what do you guys (in a general term ie: guys/girls) think? Before I do this, I would like to get an "okay" from you guys. The total number of students would be about 60-70. How many of those who will actually use it would not be known.

I enjoy the site and I hope to one day add to it as well. I am an amateur photographer who got into this for the digital imaging, but have now expanded to try and do my own buttons, logos, etc. for some of my sites.

Thanks,

Cal
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 27th 2001#10240 Report
I think the others wouldnnt mind another 60 peeps or so. But that is good you have consideration for us by making them look before posting.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 27th 2001#10262 Report
Hey Cal, welcome.

I can't speak for pank (the owner) but I don't see how it would be a problem. Expansion of knowledge is always good on any level. The more user interaction we get on the board, can only help others to learn.

We maintain a certain decorum here, and hope everyone who joins will follow. We're not too hard, but we don't allow chaos either. ;)
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 27th 2001#10270 Report
Yeah I never have problems with stuff like that. The only problems I run into are when people ask if they can download pages and use them offline in classes. That's a nono ;)
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 27th 2001#10275 Report
More people to help?.......sounds great to me.

I hate coming on here when nobody has a question, and I read through 72 "How do you like my sig" posts.

I love the challege of answering a question that I have no idea about.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 27th 2001#10279 Report
That sounds great to me. We're already getting 5 or so new members a day it seems like, so what's a few more going to hurt? I do appreciate you telling them to at least research the site and the forum archives before they ask new questions. Also, advise them to please try using a search engine before they get on here and ask for tutorials. Searching for XXXXXXXX tutorials on www.google.com, (where XXXXXX is the topic of the tutorial) will pretty much always work. So just tell them to do that before asking us to do it for them. Tell the professors to come to. We'll show them a thing or two.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 28th 2001#10326 Report
Ok Mattboy If you want to be challenged by questions I have a GREAT question for you in Advanced Photoshop Help called Slice Tool Help!!!... go there! hehe

And congrats Pank on having an AWESOME site!
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 28th 2001#10336 Report
Okay, sounds like a plan. I will do my best to impress upon them to do some searches first, but there are bound to be those who don't.

Thanks for an imformative site.

Cal
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum