TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Willing to Host???

Page: 1 2 Reply
Sep 2nd 2003#120300 Report
alright, Im not sure where I should post this. But I think this is the appropriate spot, and if not fusiun or any other mod can move this accordenly.

Anyway, I was just wondering anyone that had a host would be willing to host me freely for my portfolio site. Just basically a site where I could show others my work in a organized fashion. I currently have a portfolio site, but is hosted under a un safe server. Anyone willing to offer this just pm me or talk to me on Aim.

AIM : identity v1
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 2nd 2003#120301 Report
Why not just use the 'free' hosting sites? There are plenty of 'safe' ones....
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 2nd 2003#120302 Report
Hmm.. good thinking. Im currently working under sphosting which I know is ****. But im kinda with 25mb.net which is new. When I say kinda, I mean im just using them to work with .cgi and .php nothing really into a organized site. But since 25mb.net is new, im not so sure how realible it is. Know any good free servers out their to check?
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 2nd 2003#120304 Report
Check the resources thread for hosting. I think people have posted several free hosting companies. There are a lot of cheap hosting companies that will be better than free ones (you get what you pay for) and most free companies dont offer databases. I think Lycos.co.uk does offer free mySQL database with php. If 25mb.net is where you are hosting, why not just use them? The problem is most people pay for bandwidth and offering to host someone know one really knows very well for free.

If you are looking for just a little bit of space (like 50 mb or less) I could add you onto my server for a little fee =), with a bandwidth cap.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 2nd 2003#120308 Report
Man thanks for the offer, but I dont really wanna pay for a server. Since Im busy I wont be using it much so It would kinda goto waste. Yea, anyway I think I will build a portfolio site at 25mb.net

Off Topic:
I was about to check out fusiun's portfolio site but it didn't work, so I went to the server site, and I found out when I went to the site, my cd-rom and my burner drive openned and theirs a text reading [Providing you with also a personal custom cupholder right on your PC] its very funny.. something to check out.

www.sidez.net is the link
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 2nd 2003#120310 Report
I think the element of surprise is the joke....
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 2nd 2003#120312 Report
Yes I think a portfolio based site doesn't require much complex scripting and programming and stuff so free hosting is a good option, I suggest fateback.com 30 mb but good quality. I currently have a domain and everything but when you have good amount of visitors then experience downtime it makes just makes me frustrated.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 3rd 2003#120324 Report
sidez is really fun when you aren't frikkin installing something while you visit.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 3rd 2003#120331 Report
:D

I don't think there any really reliable free webhosts around. Even I have downtime(paid) .. Its always a risk for webhosting, so if you do find one reliable on, stick with it
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 3rd 2003#120335 Report
Hey sidez I congrats on hostradius.com I saw it the other day on some site (web hosting resources) or whatever talking about hostradius.com may become popular or something because they mainly target teen blog site, etc. But anyways great jobs I'm still anticipating on sidez.net I hope your personal cupholder stuff's comming :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum