TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

"I hate filters"

Page: 1 2 Reply
Jul 24th 2001#9657 Report
I find these comments so funny.

None of you like filters eh? Ok, thats cool. Then, no more blur, no more lighting effects, no more stylize filters, no more distort, no more noise, no more anything.

Filters are standard Photoshop options.

Now, if you're all confused with plugins, then that's a different story. But I truly am amused by those who say they can't stand filters, they refuse to use filters, etc. I wonder how they make all these images. :D

Just had to get that out. :D (showroom post led me to this)
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 24th 2001#9666 Report
I happen to agree with you mbb! where would we be with out gaussian blur :eek:

Snore
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 24th 2001#9684 Report
Boy, if I didn't have my daily dose of gaussian blur I'd die!.....

Gaussian blur and Polor Coordinates Distort are my 2 most commonly used filters, and if I didn't have them, I'd probably cry.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 24th 2001#9716 Report
I think I just found that thread you were talking about.

And yes, it seems the "repliers" think filters are the same thing as plugins.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 25th 2001#9719 Report
filter>>distort>>displace

filter>>blur>>gausian are the ones I regularly use because they make things pretty =0
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 25th 2001#9738 Report
"death to filters. i hate them. i use blur occasionally, but only if i've had a lot to drink." -charm

some people abuse filters....a lot of people. some people rely on filters instead of artistic inspiration. some people study filter use in tutorials and make stuff that looks like everyone elses.

plugins are even worse because they require effort to get and usually produce crap, over-used effects.

then their is the queen mother of all cheap techniques. you will earn one lashing in hell for each lens flare you use during your life. its true!

i've used them all...i got over...now i rarely use them.

some people like kittens. some people like getting both hands smashed by a brick. whatever...
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 25th 2001#9749 Report
Filters rule, I think there should be multiple lensflares in every PS image! LOL
Lates,
Justin
PS-Mattboy, I like your new sig!
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 25th 2001#9762 Report
Thanks, I was trying to hand-draw a lobster, and I got mad and blurred the holy-high-livin'-heck out of it. Then I just stuck my name above it and it stuck.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 25th 2001#9763 Report
Mattboy, you need to put a lensflare on the tips of your lobster and lensflares on the letters. I can't say it enough....lensflares, lensflares, lensflares!!!! LENSFLARES
Lates,
Justin:D
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 25th 2001#9764 Report
Actually, in my new sig (just changed it, so for those of you reading this for the 1st time, ignore the last 4 posts), a lens flare might actually fit.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum