TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Web size?

Page: 1 Reply
Jun 29th 2001#7058 Report
Basically, I just need others opinions on maximum heaviness of a page divided by bandwiths. OK, now I'm confused by what I just said, but basically, I want to know what is the maximum size (in kb) that you would want to make a page.

Yes, I know that great pages can be made with very small sizes, so let's not get into that discussion, I just want to know the Maximum size you would want to make a page. Basically my main concern would be the index page.

Thanks in advance.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 29th 2001#7077 Report
I like to try to keep the index page between 40/50k. The other pages you can get away with a little more, but keeping the index page small is important so people won't leave before the page is even downloaded.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 30th 2001#7173 Report
Actually, depending on layout (i.e. is every page different or are they based on a template) I'd be willing to let the main page get a big bigger, like 60-70k. Yes, it is a bit big, but once those images are cached the other pages will load quick if they're based on the same template. As a general rule I try to stay under 60k tho.

Chris
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum