TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Special Request

Page: 1 Reply
Jun 26th 2001#6823 Report
Hey Guys, I have a silly special request I'd like to make... If you think I'm crazy then just ignore it, otherwise....

Well, as most of you probably know I've been on this forum since the beginning, (of the vBulletin version and a few months on the old board) and I usually check the forum at least every twenty minutes while I work all day. A lot of you have also been on here that long, and I've come to think of you as my 'cyber-friends'. I mean we obviously have a lot in common, a love for photoshop and an addiction to this forum. Anyway, as I'm sure some of you have had first hand experience with, our 'significant others' sometimes don't understand our love for either one of those things. Which happens to be the case with my girlfriend. I mean checking the forum is the last thing I do at night, and the first thing I do when I get up. Everytime she calls from work to ask me what I'm doing, "Reading the forum...." is my reply. I show her some things that you guys post, and tell her some of the better comments that are made. And of course she doesn't care at all, but pretends to. And on that note, I'd just like to mention that tomorrow (Tuesday) is her birthday, and I'd like to thank her for putting up with my addiction, and not leaving me or something because of my uncontrollable PhotoShop urges.

So anyway, the special request is... I think it would be really cool if you guys posted a little Happy Birthday or something in reply to this thread. You could even make a little 2 minute image or something.

Basically I know all of you can relate, and I figure it may show her that you are actually real people and friends, and then maybe she won't make fun of me so much for always "Reading the Forum".

Well I guess I just wanted to post this and see if any of you would want to just write happy birthday real quick. And if any of the other guys/gals out there have a significant other, maybe you'd like to do something similar! We could start a girlfriend/boyfriend support group for "Mates of Photoshop Addicts" or MPA for short.

Her name is Jenee' if you want to post something.

Thanks a WHOLE lot guys!
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 26th 2001#6832 Report
Well, I tossed something together. Both my wife and myself feel your pain (both of you). For sooooo, long I have either been working or learning....both of which involve sitting in front of the computer.

Anyhow...
Jenee', I made you somthin' fer ya birthin' day.

70k and maybe not worth it...but it's the thought that counts...right?

http://home.hiwaay.net/~cbutts/oddstuff/happyb-dayjenee.gif
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 26th 2001#6833 Report
Hey that's great Torn, thanks! I'll be sure to show it to her. Oh, and tell your wife I'm sorry. ;)
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 26th 2001#6835 Report
i'm sorry that i didn't have the time to make you something (still got exams... :( ) but anyway: Happy birthday, Jenee'!
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 26th 2001#6870 Report
Hey Jenee', Happy Birthday. Let him mess with this stuff now, eventually he may get really good and make a ton of cash at this, and then you'll be glad you let him do it ;)

Chris
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 26th 2001#6880 Report
Happy Birthday !!
See we care, really, honestly. I don't even post much but just for deker and his lady I'm out of my lurking mode

Any way Fig is right. There are faaaar worse addictions so this one is actually a healthy one. And my wife is the same way. She is not into the whole graphics scene but supports what I do and encourages me. And then when those side gigs come in and the check arrives, oooh yeah... Sweetness ;)
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 27th 2001#6901 Report
Deker—

Show her the email I sent you!
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 27th 2001#6902 Report
H A P P Y    B I R T H D A Y

:D ;) :D ;) :D ;)
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 27th 2001#6903 Report
Thanks everyone for all your birthday wishes! Jenee' was really surprised and liked all the comments and images. I think maybe she understands a little more about my 'addiction' now, so hopefully she won't give me such a hard time about it... Actually she was always pretty supportive considering.

Anyway, thanks again!

And happy birthday to Utopian23, as well.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 3rd 2001#7442 Report
Sorry, it's a week late, but I haven't been here ;).

Anyway, a late Happy Birthday, Jenee'!

May I ask what the extra quote is for (perhaps Persian or Arabic)?
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum