TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

For $50 (US)....

Page: 1 Reply
Jun 14th 2001#5899 Report
I've spent tonight playing with a program I downloaded last night, its an image editor in the $50 price range dubbed Neopaint, and get this....they had a DOS version. ;)
While the interface is kinda cheesy, I have got to say I am impressed with everything this program WILL do.
It offers a whole bunch of filters and effects and allows import of custom color pallets, and a whole lot of other stuff.
Is it photoshop? No
Will it ever be? No
Can it catch up with Photoshop? Prolly not.

But, it is worth downloading and checking out, its like 3 meg....and I've had alot of fun with it tonight
AND I installed it on a 486 running w/95 with 16 meg of ram and it runs GREAT. (try that with Photoshop version 4 or greater)

http://www.neosoftware.com/npw.html
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 15th 2001#5962 Report
I snagged a copy of Photoshop version 1 from somebody's Hotline server. You really can do quite a lot with it, but geez, the things I took for granted in newer versions makes me blush. Sorry for posting the huge image below, but people just need to see this, if they never have before. All available palettes are shown. The menus drop down to reveal a surprising number of options and filters, considering how early in its evolution this version is. I was negotiating with an online friend about putting together a virtual tour of PS v1, using Flash. I've taken all the screen shots (Over 150!!!) of every menu, etc, but it'll be a HUGE project.

And no, the "About Photoshop..." screen isn't really translucent. I just did that so you could still see everything it might have hidden.

Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 21st 2001#6389 Report
shameless float.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 21st 2001#6396 Report
Its a kickin' screen cap.
What version Mac Os is it running on? I see sherlock2.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 21st 2001#6417 Report
OS 9.0.4....which I'll be staying with until I get a new tower AND most of my apps are carbonised to run natively in OS X.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 21st 2001#6428 Report
Don't know if you get it or not, but did you see the article in "MacAddict" this month? The were talking about Quarkxpress normally being the last to the party, and a quark spokesman is all like, "Yeah, but we kick ass when we show up". They are Quark will be native for OS X in version 5.01 but not version 5. :(
Does anyone here use Quarkxpress regularly?

*edited not really to float but...you know, it happens*
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 22nd 2001#6569 Report
No, I haven't picked up a MacAddict magazine in ages. and I haven't had my ear to the ground about the QXP update either. I use it, and I hate it...it just seems so bloody unfriendly and unintutive, even after a couple years.

I really need to check out InDesign. I hear good things and bad things about it, and it really hasn't made it's industry saturation mark yet, but if there's only one thing to recommend it, that thing would be that it has very similar UI paradigm to the rest of Adobe's product line. That would please me to no end.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 22nd 2001#6578 Report
Yeah, we bought InDesign when it released for an introductory rate of like 200 bucks. (jeez) I installed it on one of the G4's (466 single processor) and it looked and felt just like *takes a deep breath* pagemaker *gags* to me. Although ripping off Quark's keystroke was a stoke of genius on adobe's part.
The advantages I see is its capability to deal with "native" Illustrator, Photoshop (.PSD don't have to flatten! woohoo!) and Acrobat .pdf files. That is a GREAT + mark in its favor.
Using Quark for years though has made me appreciate a good application....cuz umm, prior to Quark...
I was using
Ventura Publisher *gags again*
and even Aldus Pagemaker *@#!%#$^&^*

excuse me I have to.....

Lol!
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum