TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Humor - God's Balance

Page: 1 2 Reply
Oct 9th 2002#73013 Report
Once upon a time in the kingdom of Heaven, God was missing for six days. Eventually, Gabriel, the archangel, found him, resting on the seventh day. He inquired of God. "Where have you been?" God sighed a deep sigh of satisfaction and proudly pointed downwards through the clouds, "Look Gabriel, look what I've made."

Archangel Gabriel looked puzzled and said, "What is it?"

It's a planet," replied God, and I've put Life on it. I'm going to call it Earth and it's going to be a great place of balance."

Balance?" inquired Gabriel, still confused.

God explained, pointing to different parts of earth. "For example, northern Europe will be a place of great opportunity and wealth while southern Europe is going to be poor." Over there I've placed a continent of white people and over there is a continent of black people," God continued pointing to different countries. "This one will be extremely hot and while this one will be very cold and covered in ice."

The Archangel, impressed by God's work, then pointed to a land mass and said, "What's that one?"

Ah," said God. "That's Iowa, the most glorious place on earth. There are beautiful lakes, rivers, streams, hills, and forests. The people from Iowa are going to be handsome, modest, intelligent and humorous and they are going to be found traveling the world. They will be extremely sociable, hardworking and high achieving and they will be known throughout the world as diplomats and carriers of peace."

Gabriel gasped in wonder and admiration but then proclaimed, "What about balance, God? You said there would be balance!"

God replied wisely, "Wait until you see the idiots I'm surrounding them with in Minnesota, Illinois, Missouri, and Nebraska."

===========================

Sorry Pank, no offense, really.

People from outside the U.S. may not completely understand the joke if you don't know U.S. geography.
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 9th 2002#73016 Report
I was about to ask on the geography part when you mentioned it. Yeah, i've heard bout some different parts of US have some particular joke related to them.
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 9th 2002#73030 Report
yeah.... seems pointless to me! But im Irish... and im from Ireland.....doh!
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 9th 2002#73038 Report
hey im irish 2 :D

btw iowa peeps aren't intelligent.. i went to mcdonalds there once and got a fish sandwich when i ordered a number 5 (nuggets) :p
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 9th 2002#73039 Report
That's because us Iowans don't believe in fish. The person behind the counter knew that you didn't REALLY want the fish sandwich, so (s)he gave you the nuggets instead.

I'm also Irish, 50% anyways, but don't live in Ireland.
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 9th 2002#73051 Report
I like Irish pubs and the Iowa Hawkeyes. But I'm of Swedish descent and I live in Vegas. figure that sh!t out...

...and Nebraskans are really, really silly. Check out their devotion to the NU Huskers if you want proof. Can't blame 'em for being bored of dating their sisters and cousins though, right?
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 9th 2002#73061 Report
Originally posted by mattboy_slim
That's because us Iowans don't believe in fish. The person behind the counter knew that you didn't REALLY want the fish sandwich, so (s)he gave you the nuggets instead.

I'm also Irish, 50% anyways, but don't live in Ireland.
you read it wrong, he ordered the nuggets, but got the fish :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 9th 2002#73067 Report
OK, so maybe we aren't so intelligent after all. God made us wrong. I also like the Hawkeyes, but I have to since I live here. #17 in the AP! Our next 2 games should be easy (Michigan State and Indiana), but when we go to play Michigan at the end of this month, that will surely be a tough game.
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 10th 2002#73074 Report
LIVING PROOF!!! :D

None the less Iowa is a beautiful place..

I miss the country breeze in the autumn
and the freash water lakes I never swam in
And that girl at McDonalds..
daym she was blessed ;)

God watch over me :rolleyes:
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 10th 2002#73116 Report
i've heard that same joke but it used texas as the subject, and its actually a far funnier version if you've ever visted oklahoma or louisiana for any length of time

chris
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum